H+O Structural Engineering specializes in mid- and high-rise building design, serving architects and real estate developers across the country. Our mission is simple: A Better Experience. For our team. For our clients. We are seeking an entry-level structural engineer to serve as our Design Engineer. In this role, you will have the chance to work on a variety of projects of all material types, ranging from adaptive reuse developments to large high-rise structures.
You will be exposed to each stage of the design process, from schematic design to construction administration, advancing your engineering skills alongside from some of the best and brightest in the industry. Given our culture of growth and learning, you’ll participate in a comprehensive training and professional development program, giving you the tools to advance your career. Our design framework is particularly valuable to this role as it creates opportunity for driven engineers to work independently and tackle new challenges.
What is the ultimate goal of H+O? To provide a stable, reliable and enjoyable place for the H+O team to work, because peoples families and livelihoods depend on it. We lead with The Great Game of Business, a transparent business environment where everyone understands and has visibility to the company financials. Financial literacy training connects our organizational strategy and daily execution to the financial health of the business.
Know you have a stake in the outcome through our transparent bonus program, with an opportunity to earn an additional 10% of your annual salary. Know exactly where we stand alongside the H+O team in our weekly financial forecasting.
We’re excited to offer a fast-paced, close-knit environment without a ceiling to your long-term development, as we continue to expand not only our Boston office, but our national presence. We will continue to grow, not in spite of our employees, but because of our employees. If you’re a talented, creative, and goal-oriented structural engineer, we'd love to hear from you!
Interested applicants should submit a resume, cover letter and desired salary via the link below.
· Participate in H+O University: our comprehensive training and professional development program
· Perform structural analysis, design and detailing of wood, steel and concrete structures under the purview of senior engineers
· Modeling and production of structural drawings in Revit
· Contributes dependently in new experiences: accepts supervision willingly and masters their daily routine
· Execute design and production tasks in a supporting role to project managers
· Positively contribute to company culture and design framework
· Participate in open-book financial management via The Great Game of Business
· Provide construction administration services including shop drawing/RFI review and site visits
· Support clients in achieving their goals to create A Better Experience
· Make decisions and strengthen our culture using the H+O mission, vision and values
· Bachelor of Science in Civil or Structural Engineering (Master of Science is preferred)
· EIT certification with desire to obtain PE license.
· Knowledge of Excel, Revit, Ram Structural System and RAM Elements preferred, but not required (we can train you)
· Ability to work in a team environment, supporting the success of both colleagues and clients
· Goal-oriented with a desire to grow
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Compensation range: $65,000-$82,500 per year, commensurate with competencies and experience - compensation range is influenced by company performance, with the higher end of the range being tied to our overall company performance
· A transparent bonus program aligned with company performance, paid out quarterly with an opportunity to earn up to 10% of the
annual base salary
· H+O University – training and professional development program
· Financial literacy training and open-book financial management
· Flexible work-from-home policy after 1 year of in-office experience
· Full health insurance: 100% for individual, 50% for family + HRA account
· Short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance
· 401k with employer match
· Start at 3 weeks PTO
· Access to pre-tax public transportation passes
· Growth opportunities as we scale locally and nationally
H+O is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.