H+O Structural Engineering specializes in mid- and high-rise building design, serving architects and real estate developers across the country. Our mission is simple: A Better Experience. For our team. For our clients. We are seeking an experienced structural engineer to serve as our Associate. While managing client experience, leading project design and guiding junior staff, this is also an excellent opportunity to help scale our Boston office and launch new markets as we expand our national reach.
What is the ultimate goal of H+O? To provide a stable, reliable and enjoyable place for the H+O team to work, because peoples families and livelihoods depend on it. We lead with The Great Game of Business, a transparent business environment where everyone understands and has visibility to the company financials. Financial literacy training connects our organizational strategy and daily execution to the financial health of the business.
Know you have a stake in the outcome through our transparent bonus program, with an opportunity to earn an additional 20% of your annual salary. Know exactly where we stand alongside the H+O team in our weekly financial forecasting.
In this role, you’ll be engaged in each stage of the process, from schematic design to construction. You’ll get to work on variety of large-scale developments of all material types, ranging from unique rehabs to large high-rise structures. Given our highly collaborative environment, you’ll not only manage junior engineers, but be seen as a mentor integral to their growth. And in this very client-facing role, you'll also be key to maintaining strong customer relationships throughout and beyond projects.
We’re excited to offer a fast-paced, close-knit environment without a ceiling to your long-term development, as we continue to expand not only our Boston office, but our national presence as well. We will continue to grow, not in spite of our employees, but because of our employees. If you’re a talented, creative, and people-oriented project leader, we'd love to hear from you!
Interested applicants should submit a resume, cover letter and desired salary via the link below. Please include a link to an online portfolio, or descriptions of 5-10 projects you’ve managed, somewhere in your application.
· Make decisions and lead with the H+O mission, vision and values
· Independently manage architectural and developer clients; oversee associated projects
· Responsible for client experience and client success
· Drive new work from existing clients under associate management and coordinate proposals
· Oversee and strategically manage projects of varying complexity and size, from conceptual design to construction. Contribute
independently where required
· Guide and oversee structural analysis, design, and detailing of projects under your purview. Contribute independently where
· Oversee modeling and production of design drawings in Revit
· Oversee construction administration services including shop drawing/RFI review and site visits
· Positively contribute to culture and the H+O design framework
· Participate in and contribute to H+O University: our training and professional development program
· Participate in open-book financial management via The Great Game of Business
· Manage and mentor all levels of junior engineers and associated colleagues
· Contribute to our results-driven culture with new ideas, strategies and opportunities
· Bachelor of Science in Civil or Structural Engineering (Master of Science is preferred)
· Relevant work experience in structural engineering
· Experience with large-scale developments in all material types (wood, steel, concrete)
· Professional Engineering license (PE)
· Knowledge of Excel, Revit, Ram Structural System and RAM Elements strongly preferred
· Ability to work in a team environment, supporting the success of both colleagues and clients
· Goal-oriented with a desire to grow
· Strong desire to mentor junior staff
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Compensation range: $110,000-$180,000 per year, commensurate with competencies and experience - compensation range is influenced by company performance, with the higher end of the range being tied to our overall company performance
· A transparent bonus program aligned with company performance, paid out quarterly with an opportunity to earn up to 20% of the
annual base salary
· H+O University: comprehensive training and professional development program
· Financial literacy training and open-book financial management
· Flexible work-from-home policy
· Full health insurance: 100% for individual, 50% for family + HRA account
· Short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance
· 401k with employer match
· Start at 3 weeks PTO
· Access to pre-tax public transportation passes
· Growth opportunities as we scale locally and nationally
H+O is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.